Tennessee Election 2022
Absentee Ballot Information Tennessee Election 2022
We want to remind you that it is time to request your Davidson County Tennessee Election Absentee Ballot for the election on August 4th, 2022. Your Absentee Ballot can be requested now! We recommend that the ballot be sent in the mail no later than July 28th.
Are you outside of Davidson County? Here’s a link to the general Absentee Ballot Request for Tennessee.
Eligibility requirements for Absentee Voting:
If you meet the following requirements you are likely eligible for an Absentee Ballot:
- The voter is sixty (60) years of age or older;
- The voter has a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place;
- The voter is hospitalized, ill, or physically disabled and because of such condition, cannot vote in person. A doctor’s statement is NOT required!
- The voter is a caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled. A doctor’s statement is not required!
- The voter is unable to vote because of jury duty.
- The voter will be outside Davidson County during the Election period.
- The voter is in the military or a citizen living overseas.
- The voter is observing a religious holiday that prevents them from going to a polling place on Election Day.
You can find more information on eligibility requirements and request your Absentee Ballot for the upcoming election here.
How to return your Absentee Ballot for Tennessee Election 2022:
You must return your ballot by mail (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.). Hand delivery or handing it to a poll worker during early voting or on Election Day is not permitted.
Absentee Request Deadline
- In-person requests must be made by: July 28, 2022
- The post must be received by: July 28, 2022
- Return ballot by email by: July 28, 2022
Completed Absentee Vote Return Deadline
You must mail your ballot in time for it to arrive at the Election Commission no later than the close of polls on Election Day.
Voter Registration Information:
Register to vote online:
Tennessee Online Voter Registration
Register to vote by mail:
Download and print this form. Choose your county on this map and mail the form to the address for your county.
Register to vote in person:
Pick up voter registration applications in person at the following locations:
- County Election Commission Offices
- County Clerk’s Offices
- Public Libraries
- Register of Deeds Offices
Register during a transaction with one of the following agencies:
- Department of Health (WIC program)
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Safety (motor vehicles division)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs
Voter Registration Deadline
- Postmarked: July 5, 2022
- In-person request by: July 5, 2022
- Online request by: July 5, 2022
If you are eligible, request your absentee ballot and VOTE today!
Not registered to vote? Your voice matters! Register to vote TODAY!
Early Voting Dates for Tennesee Election 2022: July 15 – July 30, 2022 (Varies by county)
Other Helpful Resources for Tennesseeans
Other helpful resources for the State of Tennessee can be found on our “Resources” page. Here you will find:
- Community Resources such as the Tennessee Vulnerable Adult Coalition which raise awareness of the various forms of abuse committed against vulnerable and older adults.
- Court and Legal Resources such as the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- Our free Virtual Estate Planning Challenge.
- Other Helpful Websites and TN Forms such as the Tennessee Advance Directive form.
- Legal Organizations such as the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands.
- Our Community Calendar with events that support seniors and caregivers.